Old Equipment Contest
1. Pre-1912 Electrical Devices, Non Radio
2. Pre-1920 Receivers & Transmitters & Wire Line Telegraph Items
3. 1920's Era Broadcast Receivers
a. Passive Detectors
b. 1 Tube Sets
c. 2 - 3 Tube Sets
d. 4 - 5 Tubes Sets
e. Sets With 6 Or More Tubes
4. 1930's - 40's - 50's Era
a. Cathedrals & Tombstones
c. Catalin & Bakelite
d. Television Receivers
5. Transistor Radios
a. Large Multiband Portables
b. Early Pocket Sets
c. Novelties sets
6. Communications Equipment Rx & Tx
a. Pre WW2
b. Post WW2
7. Sound Reproducers, Cones & Horns
b. Cone Reproducer
8. Military Radio Equipment-Any Era
9. Test Equipment
10. Vacuum Tubes
a. Pre 1930s
b. Post 1930s
11. Radio Literature, Books, Magazines & Advertising
12. New construction from old parts or replicas
13. Survivors-Completely original and unrestored sets any era. They may have been cleaned, but that's all.
14. Special "Display Only" category For those not interested in being judged. ANYTHING GOES HERE
15. Vintage HiFi or Stereo Audio Gear
16. Vintage Citizen Band (CB) radios
17. Vintage Personal Computers
18. Open category, a general category that would invite participation to ‘show their passion for the hobby’
NOTE: Sets that have previously won a first place ribbon at this meet are ineligible for judging in the "regular" contest, "Special" categories excluded.
Best of Show — The Lew Elias Award
Best of Show will receive $100 plus an engraved plaque.
Best Restoration-with photos and documentation as backup
Best Restoration will receive $50 and a Gold Ribbon.
Best Presentation will receive $50 and a Gold Ribbon.
“Best in Contest" voted on by those attending the conference
Peoples Choice will receive $50 & a Gold Ribbon.
Senior Class Awards
" The Best of the Best "
Entries MUST include a BLUE RIBBON won in a previous contest.
Senior Class 1
Senior Class 2