- First U. S. radio license is issued to George Hill Lewis of Cincinnati.
- The New Jersey Telephone Herald operates a wired "radio" service in Newark for about 5000 subscribers. The service ended in December 1912.
On This Day
- May 25-The Commerce Department issues Certificate of Skill to James M. Baskerville, serial number 1.
- July 1-The Radio Division of the Department of Commerce is established, to enforce Radio Act of June 24, 1910
- Listen to the Top 40 songs of 1911.
Note: you will be redirected to a different web site, which will open in a new window.